Michael Gerber, author of the famous business book - The E-Myth - said that the only reason to start a business in the first place is to ultimately sell it! Yes, your business will hopefully provide you with a good life whilst you own it but the real payday comes when you sell it! So, what's your business worth? Could you sell it? Would YOU buy it?
What does the event cover?
The harsh reality is that most businesses fail. And of those that don't, life tends to be more of a survival existence. ActionCOACH is committed to to pulling owners out of 'survival mode' and into 'thriving mode'.
If you're in survival-mode, the chances are you'll be:
- working more hours than you (or your family) would really like
- making less money than you know your business is capable of making
- concerned over how the business functions...especially when you're not there
- viewing your business as a 'cashflow' business as a means to fund your life
- unlikely to be working towards a pre-determined exit-strategy
It may well be though, that you're in a very different place. Your business may be thriving (survival-mode is a distant memory thankfully!)
- The business is profitable
- The team is growing
- You've got some time back
- So what's next? What's the next milestone?
Remember, "what got you here, won't get you there". How much value have you created in the business to date?
This event will cover the critical steps you'll need to take to inject growth and build value in your business.
Is this the right event for me?
If you are an Edinburgh-based Business Owner and you are serious about injecting growth, and building value, in your business then this event is just for you!
If you're totally honest with yourself:
- You may admit that the future is a bit hazy....and that it could do with a bit more thought
- Your business could benefit with a more structured plan to realise it's growth potential
- There are areas that need attention...and things just aren't being addressed as quickly as they should be
- The team could be performing at a higher level...but your just not managing them as effectively as you'd like
- It's a challenge to balance the strategic focus you know is required, with the operational delivery of the business
If you found yourself nodding at any of the above then this event will be of value to you.
Wednesday 6 December 2017
17:00 - 19:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
Edinburgh, High Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
What attendees say
About this event
I have been working with Alan on my business since the start of this year and the results have been fantastic! I have a plan, I pretty much stick to it, and with Alan's encouragement, advice, business knowledge and friendship I am pushing through on all sorts of areas of the business which I had ignored until now. It's really easy to stick your head in the sand and hope that things might change some day but unless you make it happen, nothing will change. I'd really recommend working with Alan as a catalyst to action, growth and change and even if you don't think you need coaching, you probably do!
— Val Wishart
Very, very practical. Exceeded my expectations.
— Lorraine Gaffney, The Steam Machine
Today has given me the areas to focus on that, providing I do them, are straightforward, realistic and achievable. You brought things together in a unique way.
— Susan Branigan, Susan Branigan Marketing
Motivational. I realise that the changes I need to make are small but need doing regularly. Stop thinking and start doing! I feel confident I can improve lead generation.
— Dan Roberts, Everclean
About the speaker
- A certified business coach with the World’s No1 Business Coaching Firm – ActionCOACH.
- Winner of Best Client Ratings Award 2017 and 2018 with a Net Promoter Score of 86.
- Has worked with two of the world’s largest blue-chip food and drink companies – Pepsico and Mondelez (formerly Cadbury)
- A results driven individual with a track record of success, with a particular focus in developing and improving business performance through implementing sales and marketing strategies and through building motivated and effective teams to perform in highly competitive markets.
- Have a look at some of the numerous five star Google reviews from delighted clients…
The training morning was very informative & fun. Alan is an excellent presenter and it shows he is very experienced in presenting to business people. I was reminded again and again of techniques I could use in multiple areas of my business. James Gough - Virtual Global