Know Your Numbers
Numbers is the language of business and if you can't speak the language, your chances of success are diminished.
SME businesses typically make decisions made on gut feel. They tend not to make numbers-based decisions...because they don't have the numbers available to them!
Once you have a decent understanding of the critical numbers you can make much more informed decisions and you'll feel much more in control.
This workshop aims to give you that sense of control.
- taking a 'bird's eye view' of your business to see the constituent parts and how they interact
- giving yourself the ability to make conscious and considered decisions about your business
- understanding the 5 critical numbers that drive your profit
- creating a robust cashflow forecast that allows you to scenario plan and drive your marketing activity
- creating your very own company dashboard with your key measures of success
- setting meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your functions and/or team members
At the end of the workshop, we guarantee that you will feel much more confident about your numbers!
If you are an Edinburgh-based Business Owner and in your heart of hearts you know you've been avoiding getting a grip on your numbers then this event is just for you!
- You may be abdicating the financial side of things to your accountant or book keeper
- You gauge your business performance based on whatever cash is in the bank
- You aren't managing your team effectively because they haven't been given specific outcomes to deliver
- You may be fretting over whether to recruit that next employee or to make a marketing investment
- You don't have a marketing plan because to you "marketing is a cost"
If you found yourself nodding at any of the above then this event will be of value to you.
Taking another angle, you may actually have good 'Numbers discipline' in your business. If so, well done. You'll probably score quite well in 1 of the 8 critical factors in Building the Value of Your Business. If you are interested in knowing what the other 7 factors are so that you can maximise the reward as and when you come to sell then get in touch!
Wednesday 12 April 2017
17:45 - 20:30
Macdonald Houstoun House
Uphall, West Lothian EH52 6JS, United Kingdom
About the speaker
- A certified business coach with the World’s No1 Business Coaching Firm – ActionCOACH.
- Winner of Best Client Ratings Award 2017 and 2018 with a Net Promoter Score of 86.
- Has worked with two of the world’s largest blue-chip food and drink companies – Pepsico and Mondelez (formerly Cadbury)
- A results driven individual with a track record of success, with a particular focus in developing and improving business performance through implementing sales and marketing strategies and through building motivated and effective teams to perform in highly competitive markets.
- Have a look at some of the numerous five star Google reviews from delighted clients…
The training morning was very informative & fun. Alan is an excellent presenter and it shows he is very experienced in presenting to business people. I was reminded again and again of techniques I could use in multiple areas of my business. James Gough - Virtual Global